You have likely heard the absolutely tragic story of Ricky, who’s much-loved horse, Reiver, was taken from her field by heartless thieves. Her body was later found a few days later in a ditch.
Ricky is an Army veteran who served for ten years with the Life Guards, part of the Household Cavalry. Reiver and Ricky had performed in events around the world with the historical re-enactment group the Queen’s Bays 2nd Dragoon Guards Living History Group.
After a heartbreaking few weeks, Ricky is now looking for a new companion. He is looking for:
- Irish Draught, well boned traditional type
- A Bay (no greys, blacks or coloureds)
- Mare or Gelding
- 7-10yrs old
- The horse needs to be good natured but with some spirit
- It should be a horse that will adapt to the re-enactment environment
The home Ricky has to offer includes:
- A good size yard with masses of grazing
- Miles upon miles of hacking
- Training for the horse to be provided using bonding techniques popular amongst veterans
- The horse will be used to provide therapy to other veterans, helping them become horsemen and women
Ricky is prepared to travel anywhere for the right horse. If you may have what Ricky is looking for please list it with us TODAY and help this honourable man who has lost his very best friend find a new partner. Please do also share this post to help us find Ricky his next companion.
If you have a horse that meets Ricky’s requirements, you can list for FREE using the code: BayIrishDraught