Equine Marketing Assistant (Maternity Cover)
Salary Range – £18,200 – £21,840 (pro rata) Dependent on Experience
20-25 Hrs Per Week – Monday – Friday 9-2pm
Closing Date for applications – 28th January 2020
Interviews ; w/c 3rd February 2020
Position to Commence 1st March 2020
Rare opportunity to become a key member of the team for Right Horse Right Home, one of the leading equestrian websites, for buying, selling and loaning horses.
We are looking for an experienced equestrian who has the flexibility to work from home, who is proficient in using social media, and has personal experience of buying, selling and loaning horses.
The candidate needs to have good writing skills and grammar, be customer facing and have sound equestrian knowledge. They need to be proficient in using social media. Previous marketing experience would be desirable. Although training will be provided, we are looking for someone with excellent IT skills who is conscientious, efficient, and who has accurate attention to detail and time management skills.
Ideally the successful candidate will be within 1 hour’s drive of Princes Risborough in Buckinghamshire as it will be required to meet up approximately once a month after the initial training has been provided.
Main Job Purpose
To promote the services of RHRH with a view to increasing and retaining the number of Gold and Premier Members. To provide high quality and prompt customer service support to horse buyers and sellers. To best ensure the brand is highly regarded, recommended and grows in popularity.
- Manage new horse adverts in readiness for publishing on the website to include video editing.
- Liaise with horse owners and buyers to assist them with the buying/selling/loaning process whilst always upholding the excellent reputation of RHRH and protecting the brand at all times.
- Manage and schedule promotions on Facebook and Instagram
- Respond promptly to Facebook notifications and messages as required
- Manage the preparation of E Newsletters as directed by the CEO
- Write relevant SEO material for the website as directed by the CEO
- Deal with customer enquiries and complaints as directed by the CEO
- Collect, collate and publish feedback data from customers
- Assist with the scheduling and design of Pay Per Click Advertising
- Deputise for the CEO when she is on holiday or off sick
- Assist with any other duties as directed by the CEO
Skills and Experience
- Extensive equine experience is essential and must own, or have owned, a horse
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills
- Competent with all Microsoft Office packages to include Word and Excel
- Aptitude for learning new IT and Software packages
- Experienced in using Facebook, Instagram, YouTube
- Ability to record and collate data and draft reports
- Proven problem solving ability
- Proven ability to interact effectively at all levels and with a wide range of internal and external contacts, dealing with potentially sensitive issues
- Flexibility/Initiative – ability to adapt to changing priorities and timescales
- Strong work ethic, time management and project management skills.